Please read the following terms and conditions. If you have any questions about your subscription, please send us an email. After signing up, you will have full access to the OptoPrep question database and can begin studying immediately.
By submitting the payment and authorization information, you agree to pay the subscription fee. After your payment is processed, you can access the study materials with your login and password. While the subscription is active, questions will be asked and repeated until they are answered correctly. Once answered correctly, questions will be viewable via the Statistics area but will not be asked again. Question banks cannot be reset.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
If you change your mind about studying with us, or if your subscription is terminated by OptoPrep, we offer the following refund:
- If you cancel within 24 hours of enrolling, and before utilizing any part of the online database, OptoPrep PowerPages and PowerPix, we will refund your subscription price, less a processing fee of $15.
- If you cancel within 10 days of registration, after answering less than 100 questions, we will refund 75% of the subscription price, less a processing fee of $15.
- If you cancel after more than 10 days or answering more than 100 questions, there will be no refund.
When an advance bundle is purchased (Part I & Part II in a single transaction), Part I will begin immediately and you will have up to 18 months after the date of that bundle purchase to activate your Part II subscription.
If you have purchased the advance bundle and after beginning Part I wish to request a refund:
- Base Refund Amount
- If a refund is desired for only one Part, the base used to calculate the eligible refund amount will be the difference between the bundle purchase price and the full-price of the other Part (at the time of purchase). The base refund amount may be subject to additional terms based on time elapsed and content consumed/viewed.
- Subscription Status & Timing
- The first Part in the bundle that is activated will be handled per the standard Refund and Cancellation Policy (above).
- If the second Part has not yet been activated, the refund request will be evaluated by treating the first Part as a full-price purchase and taking the difference thereof.
- If the second Part has been activated, either manually (by you) or automatically (18 months after purchase), it will be handled per the standard Refund and Cancellation Policy (above), with the activation date being used in place of the date of bundle purchase.
All requests for refunds must be made by contacting OptoPrep. Refunds will be made within 30 days of cancellation.
Rights and Responsibilities
OptoPrep is designed to be used by optometry students studying for their board examinations. All information, techniques, and materials are the property of OptoPrep and may not be resold or reproduced in any manner. You acknowledge that these materials are protected by copyright, trademark, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. You agree that you will not provide any such information, techniques, or material to any third party for any reason. Your enrollment cannot be shared, sold or transferred to another person. You agree to notify OptoPrep immediately of any unauthorized use of your password. OptoPrep reserves the right to cancel your membership at any time in the event of any unauthorized use of your account, misuse of the test taking materials or this Web site, or any other violation of the Terms & Conditions.
OptoPrep will not approve requests for free extensions based on personal issues, which include but are not limited to ISP connection problems, time constraints, PC incompatibility, etc.
Students who request extensions due to the fault of OptoPrep servers may be compensated up to five days.
All study material and content available through the OptoPrep website is property of OptoPrep and protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. During the membership period, the user is entitled to personal, non-commercial use only. Users may not distribute, share, post, e-mail, publish, upload, transmit, create derivative works of, modify, or sell any OptoPrep content. OptoPrep reserves the right to limit access to any downloadable or viewable material. Violation of these rights is subject to criminal and civil prosecution.
OptoPrep takes all reasonable precautions to protect user privacy. Personal user information is not sold to third parties (name, e-mail address, mailing address or telephone number). Statistics regarding website use and student performance are gathered in an anonymous fashion for internal content review and external data reporting. User names, addresses, e-mail addresses, or any other personal information remain anonymous in all reports. User credit card numbers are not stored by OptoPrep. OptoPrep may use your information to contact you regarding problems with service or to request feedback in all areas of optometry with the goal of improving the resources available to optometry students. Data transmission over an Internet connection can never be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. OptoPrep takes all reasonable measures to protect your personal information, though we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to OptoPrep, and all such transmissions are made at your own risk.
OptoPrep, OptoPrep PowerPage, PowerPix, and other marks and logos on our site are the trademarks of XPrep Corporation. You may not use any trademark, logo or service mark appearing on this website without the prior written consent of XPrep.
Device and Software Requirements
OptoPrep Mobile is optimized for Mobile Chrome on Android and Mobile Safari on iOS. Compatibility with older smartphones is not guaranteed.